Hi Mom,
I wasn’t transferred and will finish my mission in Maringá with Sister Grover. I am sure she would love something for Christmas from the states. I know she likes chocolate.
This week went well and we are working with a few families. We marked someone to be baptized on Dec. 27, so if she is prepared in time, we will be able to watch her baptism together. I hope everything turns out well.
I don’t know if I will live with my comp from the CTM. She wrote me a letter but I haven’t read it yet. I will let you know. Also, thanks for talking to Kena for me. I will need to arrange an internship and she will be of great help. And about Magleby’s. . . I don’t know where I will work. I am trying not to think about it because I don’t want to get trunky but I probably should start planning.
You asked about the poverty. I am in a wealthy area and there isn’t a lot of poverty. Or, I got used to it. Usually, the church has a storage with a ton of clothes, and when the members really need a skirt or a coat or something, they can work through the bishop. So, I don’t know if it would be that beneficial to bring skirts. I don’t really know. I think it would be cute to bring little Victoria’s Secret lotions for some of the girls. I don’t know if that would be super expensive but it is something that they would like. Or other cute presents like cds with music or church dvds in Portuguese. Or church material from Deseret book that they don’t have here. Whatever you think is best.
Anyway, I love you and hope you have a wonderful week. I didn’t write much about our week, sorry, I didn’t have a lot of time.
tchau,
Sister Davis,
ps. I hope you are studying up on the Portuguese.
12.08.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kirsten: I have no idea if Barbie would be interested in this or not, but I do have a new room I just remodled downstairs... So if she would like to she can move in here. I live right on carterville. So its pretty close to BYU. Just keep me updated! I am SO EXCITED for her to come home! I have missed her tons!
Post a Comment