1.07.2008

So I wasn't sure where to start so I just posted Barb's last 2 letters and a few pics.

January 7, 2008
Hello!
Happy New Year. I wasn’t able to email the week of Christmas or New Years because our mission president changed our p-day to Christmas day and New Year’s day. Every store including the internet places were closed. We had to wait until today.
The elders just called and said I will be transferred. We are going to sleep over at the Sister’s house (they are in Maringã, (the next city over) tonight and then I will be transferred tomorrow morning. I am really excited but really sad to leave the members and our investigators. I hope to be transferred to São Paulo but I will happy anywhere I go. I will tell you all about it next week.
This week was probably our best week as far as finding people since I arrived in Sarandi. We found a guy in his 30´s that is separated from his wife. He committed to baptism and will be baptized in two weeks. Also, we found another family in which the mom said she prayed and read and knows the church is true. Sister Portes will set her baptism date on Wednesday. Also, we found another women who read the book of Mormon, prayed and knows the church is true. We haven’t set a date for her baptism yet but Sister Portes will this week. A few days ago, we met a lady with a few small children that said she has been searching for the true church. She knows a lot about doctrines and knows a lot about the faults in all of the churches. She said she felt really good about our message and felt the spirit really strong-she even got really teary-eyed. She made us cake and promised she would pray that night. We are also teaching a girl who married a returned missionary. We finished all the lessons but she said she is nervous and needs more time--she doesn’t have a testimony yet but she goes to church every week and is studying the scriptures. She will probably be baptized in the next couple of weeks. This week was really amazing and flew by. I am sad to leave Sarandi because there will be a few baptisms this month but I am really excited to go to a new area and learn new things. I am a little nervous though.
Last week we traded companions and Sister Isabel came to Sarandi with me. She is the sister missionary I told you about. . . We were in the CTM together and came to Londrina together. She is an English teacher. She is awesome and it was fun to speak a little English with her. She gave me some techniques to practice my pronunciation in Portuguese. I felt like I was in voice lessons again-making different sounds and stuff-it was really funny. We had a really fun time.
Anyway, it was so great to talk to you all! I miss you all so much but it seemed like you all were so close and it seemed like not much time had passed since I left home. I am surprised no one asked me to say anything in Portuguese, he he. The language is coming and I am understanding a lot. The more I learn to speak and understand, the more fun my mission becomes. This truly is the Lords work. My testimony has grown so much. I have no doubts that the only way to live in the celestial kingdom with God, Jesus Christ and families is through the Church of Jesus Christ. There are so many churches here in Brazil and they all fight with each other but there is only one true church of Jesus Christ. We are really blessed to be apart of it.
I love you all so much and hope everyone had a great holiday season. I am excited to let you know about my new area.
Love Sister Davis

No comments: