2.12.2008

February 11, 2008

Hi Mom,

I am so glad you got the letters. I sent another letter and also, today I will send a CD with all my pictures. There are pictures that I already sent and some pics that are sister Isabel´s.

Yesterday, we had stake conference in Londrina. We were able to find out about President Monson, Uchtdorf and Eyring. Also, a new stake president was called in Londrina. The conference was packed and we were able to sustain the leaders of the church. It is really amazing to see that the church functions the same in every stake in the world. The church is truly governed by Christ. Also, Elder Didier spoke. He is from Belgium and speaks 4 different languages. I watched a leadership training meeting that he gave a few years ago and he speaks English really well too. It was a great conference. After, we ate lunch at the Branch President’s house with his family and a few other elders because he lives in Londrina. I met his son in the MTC and their family had a few pictures of me and their son together--what a small world. After, we had a conference just for missionaries in the stake with the stake President, President Leal, and Elder Didier. Elder Didier gave a wonderful training. I learned a lot about the power of revelation and faith. I was sitting there thinking, wow this training will help me not only on my mission but for the rest of my life and I am getting it for free. He greeted all the missionaries and had such a strong spirit with him.

Anyway, the work is good and we met two really great people. One is a young guy with a little girl and a wife. He said he has been searching for the church of Christ but hasn’t felt good about the churches he has attended. This week we will check up on him and see if he read the chapter that we marked for him in the Book of Mormon. The other is a lady in her 40s. We marked her to be baptized in two weeks and we are preparing her. Her husband doesn’t know she is taking the discussions so it might be a little complicated when she tells him. But we have faith that everything will go well.

This past week was Carnival week. Surprisingly, it didn’t affect the work at all. In some areas the missionaries have to stay inside for a few days but this city didn’t have anything going on, just everyone got a break from school and work. Carnival lasts a few days and it is little a celebration of all different sorts of dances. There are parades, dance classes, parties and a whole bunch of other things. It is not a very uplifting experience for most people as I am sure you have already heard.

Also, this week, the kids in the branch went to camp. We were able to see all of them outside the church waiting for the buses with their pillows and tents. I loved girl’s camp. They have a pool and a bunch of other activities.

Anyway, things are going well. I am really loving the branch. The people love to feed us and take care of us. I am becoming really attached to the people here and it will be really hard to leave. We have transfers this week and I really am hoping to stay. I like being close to Londrina. President and Sister Leal stopped by our house to have interviews because they live so close. I really like Londrina. President Leal was talking about moving 2 sisters out and bringing in 2 elders. But who knows. . . I will let you know next week.

I love you so much and I hope you are having fun with buying and selling those condos--save one for me when I get back. I sent another email with some pics. I only took a few this week. . . I love you so much!! Thank you for everything!

Love Barb


Hi Dad,

Wow, how fun. I loved eating dinner at the Delta Center (esc-whatever) before the games. The jazz games are always a blast.

How’s everything coming with the condos? What a fun project. Also, I wont know when I will be released until it comes a lot closer. I will know when it comes closer. There will be transfers Dec 9, 2008 and around the 19th or January. I don’t know if President Leal will let me choose.

Things are going well but still no baptism. We keep getting so close but then the people became a little lazy and don’t want to attend church every week. They know the church is true but the sacrifice is too great for them. We met some new people who seem to have potential. I am loving this branch and the investigators. There is an older lady that always makes dinner for us when we are close to her house. She loves having the missionaries over and is preparing to go to the temple for the first time. The members here are great although there are not a lot yet.

Anyway, I love you so much and I hope everything is going well. Thanks for all the support. Have a wonderful week. I love you.

Love Barb

No comments: