Minha Mãe,
This week I found out about transfers. Sister Ferreira and I will stay in our same area but the other two girls we lived with were transferred. Two elders will take their place. We have been looking for a house and found a small one that they will live in. We will stay in the house in front of the church. I was really said that Sister Isabel was transferred but I will see her at the conference in a month. We are changing areas and giving our area to the Elders. I am excited because it will be a completely new area but the same branch. This branch is great and the members love the sisters.
I am not sending pictures this week because I am worried that my camera card is picking up viruses. Also, I got the camera card you sent me but it is still having formatting problems. I don’t think it will work.
Have you received the cd with all my recent pics? I sent it a week or two ago. Thank you so much for the Valentine’s Card. At times I think everyone has forgotten me so it was good to get a card and some letters. I saw that it was a Valentine’s card and the first thing I thought was, “wow, what month is it?” I had totally forgotten about the holiday. I have no concept of time here. . . And p-day changed for everyone in the mission. It will be Wednesday.
Anyway, the work is going well. We have a friend in the ward-she is 23 and teaches with us sometimes. She gave us a reference of a lady who wants to learn English. I have been teaching her English and the discussions. There is also another investigator who loves speaking English and he got involved with the Elders because he wanted to practice his English. He has been reading the Book of Mormon, and we have started to teach him the lessons again. He is far along in the Book of Mormon and says he wants to read the whole thing before he prays to know it is true. He already knows it is true but he knows that when he prays, he will receive an answer and will have to change his life and follow his answer to his prayers. I think he is not quite ready to make some changes. But we are trying to teach and encourage him so that he can be ready for baptism. He knows everything is true but is just getting nervous.
This week, we will have completely new investigators because we are switching areas. We spent today in Londrina because we took the other two girls to the bus station. We then went downtown and shopped for some things. Londrina is a really beautiful city and love being so close.
If you are going to send a package in the next couple of months, can you send my camera cord? It is odd-shaped and no one here has the same one. Thanks. That way I can send you pics easier.
Mom, I am so proud of you and your new callings. This calling will force you learn how to play the organ and you will be able to play for the rest of your life. The Lord would never call you to do this if you didn’t have the capacity. You will be blessed-don’t worry about a thing.
How is everything else? Is everyone recovering from their sicknesses. Is it snowing like crazy there? How are the relatives, the ward and the neighbors? I hope everyone is doing well. Tell the family that I love them so much and miss everyone.
I love you and have a good week.
Love Barbie
Hi Dad,
I wasn’t transferred and I am staying in Ibiporã.
I had a friend in Sarandi that is obsessed with Elvis and Nashville. When I write to her I will tell her that you were just there. Let me know how New York is. I love it there although I have never been there. He he.
My comps have been telling me of some cool places I need to visit. Everyone talks about the beaches in Recife and Natal (the north part of Bazil). Brotas in Minas gerais--I think there are things like repelling and rock climbing and outdoor sports. In São Paulo there are cool streets and shopping to see. There are also water parks and parks like Central Park in NY. It’s called Parque Ibirapuera. Also, Foz do Iguasu. This is close to my mission. Everyone says all you do is just look at the Falls. Anyway, I hope you guys can pick me up and we can visit my areas.
Wow the Suns will be stocked with an amazing team when I get back. . .
Anyway, I love you and hope you have a wonderful week!!!
Love Barb
2.22.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment