Hello Mom,
I am guessing you didn’t get the pictures that a guy in my ward sent. He said he sent you an email and a bunch of my pictures. . .
Anyway, this past week I wasn’t able to write because there were some problems with the mission web site. . . I wanted to write so bad because last week we had a baptism. The girls name is Bruna and she is only 17. She is married and has a one-year-old. She is the one who heard our plan of salvation lesson and wanted to be baptized. She smoked, her husband and her family. We made a plan for her to stop and she started the following day. She made progress really fast and wanted so badly to stop smoking. We also fasted together so that she could stop smoking and be baptized the following Saturday. It was really hard for her but she completely stopped smoking in two weeks and hasn’t smoked since her baptism. The baptism was awesome. She cried during the whole meeting and was so happy. There were a lot of investigators there and they were also very impressed with the spirit and atmosphere. The Lord really blessed us this week.
This week we started teaching her two cousins and her husband. He is only about 19 or 20. He went to church with her on Sunday and really liked it.
Also, one of our friends in the ward, Raulene is the only member in her family and we have been teaching her parents. They came to church with her and brought their niece. They loved it (it was their second time). The problem is that they have to get married before they are baptized which is a long and expensive process. But we are working with them and Raulene will be a big help.
We are teaching some other families but none of them are married. . . ã carumba.
Easter was really fun. The tradition here is that all the kids get a huge hallow chocolate egg with candy inside. Almost all of the Irmãs (the ladies in the ward) gave us boxes of chocolates and one gave us a giant chocolate egg. Our fridge is filled with chocolate. I told my comp about the tradition to color the hard-boiled eggs and she thought it was pretty funny. I also told her about Easter egg hunts.
This week we have transfers and I think Sister Ferreira and I will be transferred and our area will be closed for the sisters. Also, my other area in Sarandi was closed for the sisters too. But I am excited to see. I hope I can email next p-day.
I didn’t get the package yet. I will probably get it at our next conference. I did, however, get the package from Gloria and loved it.
Our mission conference was awesome. Elder and Sister Ellis spoke (they are from Utah). I am learning so much about the Savior and missionary work and I loved the conference. I also got to see my other two companions, Sister Fernandes and Sister Portes.
Anyway, what is new with you guys? It seems like I have been gone for so long but when I think that I have been out for almost 9 months, I can’t believe it. There is so much I need to learn.
Thank you so much for the letters, prayers, packages and all the support. I love you and miss you. I hope you have a great week.
Love Barbie
3.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment