Hi Mom,
This week was awesome. One night we were teaching one of investigators, a single girl in her 30’s, about the Plan of Salvation. One of her friends walked in at the beginning of the lesson and listened for awhile. After we talked about baptism and the Celestial Kingdom, she asked, “When can I be baptized?” She also said she would wake up at 7am the next Sunday to be ready for church. Sure enough the two girls came to church and absolutely loved it. We marked them for baptism for this month. They both need to stop smoking but have a strong desire to do so.
Also, we have been teaching an old lady named Dalva. Her husband passed away a few years ago and she lives with her daughter. She understands the lessons really well. After one of the lessons, she said. “Girls, I am really worried because I know my baptism is not correct.” Hmmm, it was a perfect opportunity to talk about baptism and she accepted to be baptized this month. She also told us she feels something really different when we are with her and she loves having us there. I love her so much and she feels like family to me and my companion.
We are also teaching a really great family with two young boys. They love the messages, they believe everything, and they are reading the book of Mormon together but they are hard core Catholics and their conversion is coming along slowly. We had family night with them and a few other families from the ward. It was a blast and the family really liked the ward members and the activity. The 10-year-old boy wants to come to church and be baptized but the parents still have a few doubts.
This upcoming week we will have Mission tour in Londrina and I don’t know if I can write. I am so sorry that this email is so short but I am out of time. Tell everyone who wrote me that I will send an email next week and I am so sorry I couldn’t respond.
I sent some pics.
· The banana tree. I thought it was very interesting. I have never seen one until I came here
· We had a churrasco and I am holding the meat. There was a ton
· We found a way to get to the other side of town a lot faster by cutting through the woods. I am crossing the river.
· Me and one of our investigators daughters, Angela.
I love you so much! Thanks for everything.
Love Barbie

No comments:
Post a Comment