4.23.2008

April 16, 2008

Hi Mom,
I am excited to hear how the cruise was. Did everyone like it? How was Vegas with Kirsten and Ritchie?
That is really cool that the lady in testimony meeting got to hear about those she taught on her mission. Last week I got a letter from a woman in my ward in Sarandi telling me about a few people Sister Portes and I taught who were baptized. I was so happy for them. Also, remember the pictures I sent of that family with 3 little kids, I think they got married this month and are getting baptized. I am still waiting to hear the details. I was so glad to hear that things finally worked out for them.
You asked about the elders in our branch. . . they are from São Paulo along with my companion. One lives in the same stake as my trainer and the other in the same stake as Sister Isabel (the girl who teaches English). They always tell me all about São Paulo (I only know Avenida Paulista and the temple).
Did you ever get the cd I sent you with the pictures and Michelle’s birthday card. Let me know because if you did not get it, I will send you a new one before I delete the pics.
Anyway, This week was great. Friday, we went on splits (I think this is the right word in English) with some girls from Londrina. One was President Leal’s daughter and the other was her friend Barbara. They are both thinking about going on missions. My only advice to them was, “this is a thing you have to get personal revelation for.” I remember how hard it was to decide to go on a mission or stay at home. But I think they will go. We were able to teach a lot of people that day because I worked on one side of the city and the other two girls worked on the other. The following day we did the same thing with Barbara and a girl in our ward.
Yesterday we had a zone conference in Londrina with President Leal. I like being close to Londrina because we are close to the mission home. The conference was excellent. We talked about new ways to plan our weeks, set goals and teach. Also, he told us we need to work harder and where we are is not good enough. We are going to change a lot of things and work harder.
We are still teaching some of the same families and helping them get married and others we are helping to stop smoking. Bruna stopped smoking in two weeks but others are taking a lot longer. Our work with the inactive members is coming along. The majority of the people we visit want to come back and we are helping them resolve their concerns or their addictions. At times it is really hard for me to see these people who were once so happy but after they fell away from the church became so miserable. But we are doing our best to help them.
This week a storm blew in and it has been really cold. It has been pouring rain, and we have been sleeping with socks, sweatshirts and blankets. I am actually really glad it cooled off a little. It is probably warming up a little there.
Well, I hope you had a great spring break. I am excited to hear about it. I love you so much. Thank you for the letters, emails and support. Tchau! Amo você!
Love Barbie

No comments: