Hi Mom,
Wow, I thought your headline (Happy Half-Way) was a joke until I counted that I really am about half-way done with my mission. I have no sense of time here. I don’t really know what to think other than I feel like I have so much to learn and so little time. However, I have learned so much already and have noticed that I have changed a ton.
This week was great. We were able to go to Londrina and watch conference. On Saturday, a girl in our ward drove us and the Elders to Londrina to watch it. And Sunday, a bus stopped by the members’ homes to pick everyone up and the branch went to Londrina together (it was like those cross-country traveling busses). Bruna, the girl that was baptized a few weeks ago, was the first one on the bus and waited anxiously with her little boy on her lap. She loved conference and I was so glad to see her there and happy. I watched it in English with about 5 other elders. I loved conference. It was also fun to see Maryanne’s mom speak and Trevor’s dad. Being with all the Americans and watching conference in English made me feel like I was at home.
I also got the Easter package. Thank you so much. That night I wrote a card to my companion and wrapped the hymn book and gave it to my companion. She has been wanting a hymn book in English since she was a little girl and loved it. She almost cried. Thanks for sending it. I loved the treats too. The Streeters also sent a package with colored Easter eggs, treats and an Easter coloring kit. I was so happy and was not expecting it. Tell them thank you and I absolutely loved the package. I think this week I will color eggs with the elders and a family in our branch. I will write a letter to them but can you send them an email thanking them for the package.
The Mission President started a program this week that focuses on members who have fallen away from the church and each day we are visiting one or two inactive members. We are focusing our efforts on bringing them back to the church and teaching their family members. We visited one lady and she had stopped coming to church several years ago. She was so glad to see us and cried and said she wanted to come back. She lives really far from the church and has little kids and so we are going to send someone with a car to pick her up each Sunday. We are also teaching Raulene’s family ( a young girl in the ward.) I don’t know if I already said this but her mom accepted baptism and is working on the papers to be married. Also, her niece wants to be baptized and she turns 8 next month. They want to be baptized on the same day.
We also found a few new people who are interested in the church and we will return this week to see if they have been reading the Book of Mormon. The girl we have been teaching English is progressing and loves the church and the Book of Mormon. Her family is Catholic so she is not wanting to rush anything yet. Also, last week a little 8-year-old boy in our branch was baptized and after they had a birthday party for him. We had some investigators there and it was a really spiritual experience for them.
Well, everything is going well and I am so happy here. I love teaching and helping these people better their lives. I hope you all are having a great week, and I hope it warms up a little. Next month it should start cooling down where I am at. I miss you and love you.
Tell Alex I am waiting for his letter. I love you. Tchau!
Love Sister Barbie
4.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment