Hello Mom,
This week was wonderful. We are teaching some really great families. We are teaching two boys, brothers. One is 13 and the other is 18. They have already accepted baptism and went to church for the first time on Sunday. They were amazed how different it was from the other churches. They felt the spirit and when they left, the little brother said to the older, “Can we come back every week from now on?” They are also getting involved in some of the activities in the young men’s and elder quorum. We are also teaching a couple who were married a few months ago and Ana Paula, the wife, just had a baby last week. She is 20 and they are a young couple. She was born into the church but her family fell away several years ago. She said she wants to raise her family in the church because she has always missed it and wanted to return. When these members are strong in the church they have a light in their eyes and happiness. After several years they become lost and want to return. Her husband Jackson reminds me a little of Mike Davis (besides the blond hair--this guy has black hair and dark skin). He accepted our invite to be baptized and will start preparing. We are trying to reactivate their whole family right now.
Our mission is focusing a lot on reactivation because there are numerous inactive members. We are also teaching a few other awesome families who are progressing really well. At first, I really missed my other area but now I know the investigators and the members and I am so excited to spend this transfer here.
I really like my companion. She was really quiet at first but has opened up a lot and we get along well. We are about 40 minutes (on the bus) from the mission home. We had our district meeting and President Leal was there. In my district, my companion is the only Brazilian, which is really strange because only a few times I have had one or two Americans in my district. One of the elders brought starbursts. I think I have forgotten what candy in America tastes like. he he.
How is everything going? It sounds like the 4th of July was awesome. I sort of forgot about it until I looked at my planner on July 5th and noticed I had been out a year and the 4th was the day before. I have no concept of time here.
Thanks again for the package. I really appreciate the letters, packages and emails. On the mission, it really means a lot to get stuff from home. Things are going well and I am so happy to be serving the Lord. I have grown so much since I have been here and I feel so grateful to be learning so much. Thanks for everything. I love you.
Love Barbie
7.09.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment