Hi Mom,
The baptism was great. One of Antoniel’s friends from the ward baptized him and it was his first time to baptize anyone. He had to do it 4 times before he got it right. he he. But it was a beautiful meeting and a lot of the members were there. We have been teaching a girl who fell away from the church and she came to church on Sunday as well as the baptism so it was a really great day. Monday night, we had family night at a member’s house with Antoniel and his nephew. We watched “The Testament” and ate treats. He loved it and is making friends so fast. His nephew will turn 8 years old in a few weeks and wants to be baptized too. Yeah. My companion will send you pictures of the baptism so be looking for the email. Let me know if you get them.
I can’t believe school started yesterday. At our district meeting, one of the elders commented that football season is starting and that he is dying. He has been in the field for only a couple of months. . . he will forget all about it soon. How is Amy liking Timpview? It sounds like she is liking work.
Kirsten sent me some pictures of the sealing. Wow. They turned out beautiful. Michelle looks like she is ready to have her baby. I am so excited for her. I sent her a letter to our house, so be looking for it in the mail. I also sent some pictures of my past transfer. I think you guys should be getting them soon.
A guy in my ward wants to know if the stores where we live have those globes where you shake them and it looks like it is snowing (I forgot what they are called). Anyway, he wants to know if we have them with the Salt Lake Temple inside. Do you know? I told him I think so. He is dying to have one.
I am getting over my cold and flu and the weather is really warming up. It is super hot and I think will only get hotter from here on out. So, things are going great and we are half-way through this transfer. It is flying by fast. I really like the ward and the bishops family (he reminds me a little of Karl Malone). The members are great and we are teaching some great people. I love you so much and miss you. You guys are always in my prayers. Thanks for everything.
Love Sister Davis
8.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment