Hi Mom,
This Sunday, Antoniel was confirmed in sacrament meeting but unfortunatly we weren’t able to be there because we went to the Londrina Stake conference. The conference was excellent. President and Sister Leal, President Isaias (the stake pres.), the assistant to the President and I spoke. The choir sang a few songs and the conference turned out beautiful. It was one of the best days of the mission because I was able to see everyone from Ibiporã. I haven’t seen a bunch of the recent converts since their baptisms and I almost cried when I saw them. A family that was baptized. . . remember Neusa. . . was there. The little kids wrote me notes and it was so cute. I am so glad you guys are going to come to Brazil so you can meet all these people. Study up your Portuguese because they will want to talk. he he.
This week we went downtown to the mission home to renew my visa. I can’t believe I have been in the country for 1 year. I talked to the secretaries about my release date and they said I could choose. . huh. So when I talk with President Leal, I will let you know. On the way home, my friend Barbara saw us on the street and gave us a ride to the bus stop. She received her mission call to . . . Provo. How cool. However, I think she will stay in St. George at the temple. I was pretty excited for her.
Anyway, this week was great. This Friday, Saturday and Sunday, our stake is having a culture festival at the stake center. We will bring investigators each day with us and spend the day there. It should be really fun and I am excited.
So, how is Amy? Did she recover?
You asked about the old guy who we are teaching. He works Sunday selling land and lots and hasn’t been able to get to church. He needs to make a sacrifice and stop working if he wants to be baptized. We will see what he decides.
How is everything else going? Are there any new weddings I should know about?
Well, I love you and hope everything is going well. Hope you have a great week. Tchau.
Love Barbie
P.S. This is the plan…My release date is January 14th, however, I can request to go home early because of school. I can go home within 30 days of my release date. So from December 17 until January 14th I can be released. It looks like we will be spending Christmas in Brazil. wha hoo. I want to stay on the mission the full time but I don’t know what to do about school. When will BYU start winter semester? Can you find out?
8.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment