January 14, 2008
Helloooo,
Hi Ma, about São Paulo, our mission includes a little of the state of São Paulo-but not the capital. I am in a city called Ibiporã. Check it out on the website that shows cities by satellite. I love it here. It is a city outside of Londrina. It reminds me a little of Italy-it has a bunch of hills and bean fields. It is beautiful. It has some neighborhoods that seem like neighborhoods in California but it also has areas with wooden houses. There are no dirt roads and horses here though.
We have a baptism marked for this month. A boy named Alison. . . yes Alison. He is a teenager and has some friends in the church. I am still getting to know our other investigators but the people here seem really great. The majority of people that let us in are really nice and receptive to the message. The church is across the street from our house-what a blessing. We live in a house in a cute neighborhood--4 sisters. My comp and I, Sister Isabel (the girl who speaks English) and Sister Freitas. My comp is from São Paulo-the capital. She designs clothes and dresses. She is really great and I like her a lot. Everyone in her family is a member but the majority of them have fallen away from the church. She said she has to walk about 45 minutes to get to church.
We have a branch not a ward but it is growing. They are really helping with the missionary work and there are a few really strong families in the branch. The branch president’s son was one of my friends in the MTC and he sent them a picture of me already. The President’s family is really great. Anyway, our area is awesome and I really like being close to Londrina. It was really, really difficult to leave our investigators in Sarandi and leave my comp but I am really excited for something new.
The language is coming gradually and I understand a lot more every week. It is so great to see the gospel change peoples’ lives. I love the church and I love teaching people that the church has been restored. I know that this is the Lords work. We see a lot of miracles here and my testimony grows everyday. I love you all. I think this place allows me to send pics. I will try. . .
Love Barb
Helloooo,
Hi Ma, about São Paulo, our mission includes a little of the state of São Paulo-but not the capital. I am in a city called Ibiporã. Check it out on the website that shows cities by satellite. I love it here. It is a city outside of Londrina. It reminds me a little of Italy-it has a bunch of hills and bean fields. It is beautiful. It has some neighborhoods that seem like neighborhoods in California but it also has areas with wooden houses. There are no dirt roads and horses here though.
We have a baptism marked for this month. A boy named Alison. . . yes Alison. He is a teenager and has some friends in the church. I am still getting to know our other investigators but the people here seem really great. The majority of people that let us in are really nice and receptive to the message. The church is across the street from our house-what a blessing. We live in a house in a cute neighborhood--4 sisters. My comp and I, Sister Isabel (the girl who speaks English) and Sister Freitas. My comp is from São Paulo-the capital. She designs clothes and dresses. She is really great and I like her a lot. Everyone in her family is a member but the majority of them have fallen away from the church. She said she has to walk about 45 minutes to get to church.
We have a branch not a ward but it is growing. They are really helping with the missionary work and there are a few really strong families in the branch. The branch president’s son was one of my friends in the MTC and he sent them a picture of me already. The President’s family is really great. Anyway, our area is awesome and I really like being close to Londrina. It was really, really difficult to leave our investigators in Sarandi and leave my comp but I am really excited for something new.
The language is coming gradually and I understand a lot more every week. It is so great to see the gospel change peoples’ lives. I love the church and I love teaching people that the church has been restored. I know that this is the Lords work. We see a lot of miracles here and my testimony grows everyday. I love you all. I think this place allows me to send pics. I will try. . .
Love Barb

1 comment:
i love my beautiful best friend barbie! im so glad you made this blog! ill be its number one fan.
Post a Comment