5.07.2008

April 29, 2008

Olã
Thank you so much for the pictures from the cruise. I love getting pictures. Amy looks like she is changing a bunch (Alex looks the same). It is really good to see every doing well.

I am emailing today because P-day was moved this week. We have our zone conference tomorrow with the Londrina zone and Tiradentes zone. It will be in downtown Londrina. So today we had lunch with a member and are emailing. It is pouring rain outside and the streets are filled with water.

Tell Barb congratulations and I am so excited to see her baby when I get home. How is Michelle doing? Is she starting to show? When will she find out if it is a boy or a girl?

Also, tell Susan and Maryanne Tanner that I say hi and love them. I haven’t meet Maryanne’s husband yet. Did you go to her wedding?

That is really exciting about the town home-parabã©ns (congratulations). Do you think you will buy and sell more or was it just a project you picked up?

Well, this week has been great. We have been teaching a family (Bruna’s friends) and they are really interested. They come to all the church activities and last night we did a family night with them and they really liked it. They still need to get married so they won’t be getting baptized anytime soon but they are progressing.

A member in the ward gave us a reference-his sister. We have been teaching her and she is really interested. We taught her the Plan of Salvation a few days ago and she was amazed. She asked us all sorts of questions about the millennium and the kingdoms of glory and glorified bodies and the battle in Heaven. We talked with her in her little wooden house for a long time and she was amazed at the things she learned. She has studied a lot of other religions but never found answers to this question. Pastors here make up all sorts of things to deceive people but she said she always doubted what they taught. She has been coming to church every week and reading the Book of Mormon (she also needs to get married before she is baptized).

We had been teaching a catholic family awhile back and the 10-year-old son has been going to scouts and coming to church for the last few weeks. We are really happy with him. His mom doesn’t want him to be baptized but I think with time he will be baptized. We have met a lot of other great investigators and also a few of the inactive families we have been teaching have returned to church. It was a really great week.

I am getting anxious to call home. I haven’t thought about but lately everyone is talking about Mother’s Day. I am really excited to get to talk to everyone. It makes me feel like I am not so far from home. We will have transfers that same week so by then I will know where I will be for the next transfer.

Well, thanks again for the pics. I loved them. Also, thank you so much for the emails and the support. I love hearing from you, love you and miss you. Good luck with everything. . . until next week.

Love Barbie

No comments: