5.07.2008

May 7, 2008

Olã Mãe,

So, Mother’s Day is coming up and I will be calling on Saturday probably between 11-2pm. I will call to plan when a good time will be to call on Sunday.

I sent you a long email but I don’t think it was sent. I think it was deleted. I will rewrite briefly what I sent.

Saturday night two girls, Lucineia and Rose will get baptized. Yay! We are so excited. The other email that I sent has more details about them.

Also, Neuza, our investigator has been coming to church every week and brings about 7 primary-age kids with her. She has two kids and babysits a bunch of others. This week I taught some of the kids English. They have started to learn English in school and needed some help. It was really fun and they loved learning. We will continue to teach them the discussions and a little English.

We have been teaching a man the lessons and his 18-year-old daughter has been listening in. She became really interested and came to church with us on Sunday. She asked a bunch of questions about baptism and loved church. She also went to institute last night and really liked it.

The conference in Londrina was excellent. We have been going on splits with President Leal’s daughter and her friend Bãrbara and they were at the conference. They told us that they decided to put in their mission papers. I hope they serve in the Provo mission (he he). They are really excited. The speaker at the conference was the mission doctor. He and his wife were in the CTM with me and was good to see them again. We used to eat lunch with them in the CTM. Also, the wife doesn’t speak Portuguese and I think she was glad to be able to speak English with me. They talked about how we need to take better care of our bodies-do exercises and eat healthy foods. President and Sister Leal gave great talks as well.

Yesterday we went to a small town on the outskirts of Ibiporã. We had to take a bus to get there and were able to talk with a lot of people about the church on the bus. The town was in the middle of no where and had a bunch of farms and deserted places. We arrived downtown and got some papers from the office that had small maps of the areas. We made a map and were able to find all the houses. We delivered some dvd’s and copies of the Book of Mormon to those who requested them through the pass along cards. It was a really fun experience and we met a lot of interesting people. . .

I will talk to you Saturday afternoon. I love you and hope everything is going well. Tchau.

Love Sister Barbie Davis

No comments: