Hi Mom,
Saturday we had a baptism in our branch. The girls name is Grascielle. She is my age. The baptism went really well and there were more investigators there than members. Two girls were supposed to be baptized but the other didn’t feel fully prepared to make this covenant. She is nervous about a few things but I think when she saw the baptism she felt a little sad that she wasn’t part of it. We will work with her a little more a try to resolve her concerns.
This Sunday was the Curitiba temple dedication. We were able to go to Londrina and watch the transmission in the stake center. Only those with temple recommends were allowed to watch it because it was being filmed from inside the temple. President Monson and Elder Nelson spoke along with the Brazil Presidency. President Leal was in Curitiba and met with them to talk about the missionary work. He sent us an email of council that the prophet gave to us as missionaries. It was great to see the transmission. The prophet and some of the speakers spoke in English and someone was there translating. It was good to hear English again. It was also great to see the prophet. I felt closer to the Savior and left with a stronger desire to get people to the temple.
So how is everyone doing at home? How was the trip to Disneyland and England and camp? It sounds like everyone is really busy. I had forgotten that it is summer there and everyone is out of school. It has been pretty cold here the last couple of days. We have been wearing coats and socks. I think it will probably stay like this for a few more months.
Our investigators are doing well and we are expecting a few more baptisms this month. The little girls who I am teaching English to, really like the church and one of the girls brought her whole family. They all loved it and are excited to come back. They live in the Elder’s area so they Elders will probably teach that family. Also, Neusa marked her wedding day and our Branch Pres. is going to pay for it. We are planning a big party and she and her daughter will be baptized after she gets married.
Things are great with my companion and we get along great. I will try to send some pics of her. I hope everything is going well and I love you all. Have a wonderful week (and don’t forget again to write me this week he, he, )
tchau! Love Barbie
6.08.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment