6.08.2008

May 28, 2008

Wow, Tell Michelle congrats. I am so excited. I was wanting her to have a boy. I am so excited to see him when I come home.

So about the “casamento” issue, it means marriage in Portuguese. . . how embarrassing. I cannot speak normal in English or write. I told my comp what I did and she thought it was pretty funny.

So this Saturday, two girls will be baptized. I am so excited and can’t wait to tell you about it. We also started teaching a young girl and her mom and the girl said she wants to be baptized. She has been to church a few times and is really excited.

Sunday at church, a van pulled up to the church filled with about 25 people from Jataizinho (the neighboring city). My companion and I stood in the doorway with our mouths dropped open. I couldn’t believe it. A member in our ward went there to pick up a bunch of our investigators’ friends and some of our investigators who live there. We had our branch conference and it was wonderful. Our branch choir (4 people) sang and the sacrament room was decorated with flowers. There were so many people there that they had to bring in chairs from the class room. I have never seen anything like it. All of our investigators loved the meeting and want to return next week. The elders told us that they think Jataizinho is too “dangerous” so they think they should work there. hmm, very interesting. But we will see what we decide.

My time is short so I have to go. But I love you and hope you have a great week. If I didn’t respond to some of your questions, I will next week.

Also, could you send me an English hymn book for my companion. She is the first that has studied English and wants to learn more. I sent Kirsten a few pics of the kids I am teaching English. They are darling and one of the girls will be baptized this month.

I love you! Tchau

Love, Barbie

No comments: