Hi Mom,
Our p-day was moved to Monday so I will be sending emails Monday.
This week we had our conference with all the missionaries in ParanĂ¡. I got to see all my old companions. Sister Bezerra said she got the birthday present and loved it. She sent me a Brazil football jersey for my birthday. The conference was awesome. I translated the conference for the Americans and it was actually pretty funny because I was forgetting words in English and I had that funny accent when I asked questions. he he. But at least they were able to understand. We talked about how important the Book of Mormon is and that we need to use it a lot more in our work.
My first week with my new companion was great. We are preparing a few people for baptism and it is so exciting. One of our investigators has a banana tree and a bunch of other fruit trees and always sends us home with food. We are teaching another woman who has 4 little kids. She went to church for the first time on Sunday and saw a family that she has known for many years. She was so excited to have friends already and she loved the church. She said she felt so good there and she wants to be baptized. She has had a really rough life and is looking for a place where she can find peace and comfort. Her little girls were begging me to say me first name so I told them. They starting calling me Barbie and every time we show up, they call me Barbie, play with my hair and do my makeup. It is so cute but I always say, “no, my real name is Sister.” They just laugh. The theme of our sacrament meeting was. . . missionary work. Once a month we are going to have a sacrament meeting on missionary work. I gave a talk with our ward mission leader and some people bore their testimonies about missionary work.
So our first week together brought back a lot of memories. Sister Gonzales is trying to get used to the culture and the language. I forgot how different it is here and I am starting to remember. Because she doesn’t understand anything yet, I have to do all the talking. I was a little nervous at first but I am used to it now. So things are great and I am loving this transfer. I am in the same area and I am so glad I was able to stay. This will be my third transfer here.
I wrote a letter to President Leal about you guys coming to pick me up and I am waiting for an answer. I will let you know when he responds.
I love and miss you. I hope you had a fun time in Lake Powell and that you have a great week.
Tchau! Love Barbie
9.19.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment