Hello Mommy dear,
So, we found out about transfers. . . In about 2 hours we are going to the bus station to drop off my companion Sister Nascimento, and pick up my new comp. She is new on the mission and I am pretty excited to meet her. I will be staying here in Londrina.
Lucas was baptized Saturday and it was so beautiful. The primary prepared a musical number and the talks and testimonies were given by the primary. He felt so welcome and such a great experience. I felt so proud of him. Also, his uncle Antoniel, who was baptized 3 weeks ago, was able to baptize Lucas. He said the prayer perfect the first time. It was a little cold and rainy that day but turned out beautiful. My camera is having some problems so I don’t have pictures. I will try to get them from my companion.
I will come back in a few hours and write more (after I pick up my comp).
Love you, tchau
Love Barbie
Hi Mom,
So, I picked up my new companion. She is American and this is her first area. She is from Poway, California (she doesn’t know Alex). I am actually really excited about it because this is the first American companion that I have had. She was studying elementary ed. at BYU.
Did you get the pictures I sent earlier today? One is of me and an old lady. She served a mission about 50 years ago. The other is a picture of the baptism. Lucas is the little boy who was baptized and the others are members of the ward.
I sent you a cd of pictures and I think you will get it in about 10 days. Let me know if it has pictures on it.
The plans sound good for Christmas. I would love to spend Christmas here, and if everything works out and I can be released before Christmas, I can arrange to spend Christmas with some members. I don’t know exactly what to do about the whole release date things. I don’t really want to worry about it because I don’t want to get `trunky`. Lets spend Christmas here (if I can) and celebrate with the whole family after.
Anyway, I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here. It is so wonderful to see the blessings of the Lord in our daily work. I know the Lord is leading his church and I am so glad to be apart of it. I love you and miss you. Hope everything is going well. Tchau!
Love Barbie
9.14.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment