10.20.2008

October 20, 2008

Hi Mom,

This week was one of the best weeks and was the last of the transfer. Luis and Hilda were baptized and it was absolutely beautiful. They are a married couple and Luis has some mental problems but was able to be baptized. Hilda went in the water with him and helped him be baptized. I thought it was so cute how much she loves him. She has to change his clothes, feed him and do practically everything for him. She wants to be sealed in the temple and was willing to do anything to help him be baptized. She cried and cried as we sang the closing song and gave all the members a hug. She felt the spirit so strong and was so happy with her decision. The members threw a party for them afterwards. I love this ward and am so grateful for the opportunity to serve here.

Tonight we will find out about transfers and I will know if I will finish my mission here or pass in one more area. I am so excited for you to come pick me up!!! The members are so excited to meet you guys but said you need to study a few things in Portuguese so they can communicate with you all. I know you will love it here. Things are going well and I have loved this past transfer.

My companion is doing well and it is fun to speak English again. It is a good thing that I was able to practice with her (the first day was pretty rocky, hehe). Anyway, I love you all.

Tell Alex congratulations and that I am so proud of him. He will be a great deacon and he is such a great kid. I hope he got the birthday card I sent. I love you so much! I will let you know how transfers go.. . .

Love Sister Davis

No comments: