10.27.2008

October 27, 2008

Hello,

I was a little surprised when my zone leader said I would be transferred to Maringá. On the bus ride to Maringá, we passed in front of Sarandi and it was really cool to be back. I am living in an apartment with 3 other sisters: My companion, Sister Grover, Sister Nascimento-my companion in Londrina, and Sister Castro. My companion is from Logan and is new on the mission. She is definitely experiencing culture shock. Oh, yes, I remember. But things are going great and I love my area. Yesterday was my first time at church. A few people recognized me from when I was in Sarandi last year and I remembered some of them. It is pretty funny that I have stayed in Paraná my whole mission.

We started to teach a family that is inactive and are teaching the son who was not baptized. He and his wife have a desire to be baptized and are interested in going to church. He was living in another state when his family was baptized and is really curious to learn more about Christ’s church. We are also teaching another family who have accepted to be baptized and are waiting on the marriage thing. They are reading the Book of Mormon together and have already gone to church several times.

Things are going well and I am glad to be in a new area (it is sort of refreshing although I really miss the members and the investigators). I hope all is well with you guys. I will send another email responding to your questions about school. I will also send pics. Can you save them? They are on my companion’s camera.

I love you! Tchau

Love Sister Davis

No comments: