Mom,
Olá!
I loved your email and had a good laugh.
We heard about the elections and everyone here is excited. It is interesting how the United States is always in the spot light and everyone knows what is going on there. A lot of people have asked my companion and I what we think. I always change the subject.
So things are going well here. We are teaching a cute couple and the wife is about 5 months along with their first baby. They are preparing to be baptized and are loving the church. The husband’s parents are members and we are working on reactivating his parents and baptizing him and his wife. We are working and praying hard so that everything will work out. Another couple is waiting on marriage (which always takes awhile). They brought two friends to church with them and their friends were so impressed with the members, the things they learned and the spirit they felt. Unfortunately they don’t live in Maringá. Sister Nascimento (my comp in Londrina) and I spoke in church about Missionary work and Sister Nascimento, Sister Castro and I sang a few hymns while Sister Grover played the piano. It turned out to be a great program and hopefully it made the members excited to do missionary work.
So to answer your questions. . . . Our apartment is beautiful but sure has a lot of bugs. There are always coach roaches and red ants. I am used to it and didn’t even think it was strange until you asked. We found a weird looking bug that looked like a bat in the shower. I took a picture he he. My area reminds me a ton of Italy. Maringá looks more like Italy than my other areas. However, there are a ton of differences. You guys are going to love it.
Anyway, I am so happy to be able to teach the gospel and help the people here learn about the restoration. I am having such wonderful experiences and am learning so much.
I love you and hope you have a wonderful week.
Love Sister Davis
11.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment