November 16, 2008
Hi Mom,
Thanks for the recipes. Hopefully I will make the treats if I have time.
I sent you some pictures of our last p-day. We went to a famous cathedral with the Elders in our zone and took a ton of pictures. After, we watched “Surfs Up”. President Leal let us have the activity because our zone had a lot of success that week.
Things are going well here although last week my companion found out that her grandma died. This week was really hard for her and we both of did a lot of crying. Her parents were able to call her a few days ago and it helped her a lot to be able to talk with her family. She is doing a lot better and is able to focus on the work. We are preparing Everton and Flaustina to be baptized on Saturday. They are a young couple and she is pregnant (I probably have already talked about them). They are a darling couple and I am so excited for them. Everton is really interested in the priesthood and that he will be able to give blessings to his wife and baby. When we taught him about the word of wisdom, he decided in that moment to stop drinking and smoking and he hasn’t touched any of it since. He said he wants to have a happy marriage and will never go back to his old habits. I love them so much.
We had more people in our sacrament meeting than I have ever seen on my mission, 16 people and the majority were families. The other sisters are teaching some families and so are we. It was a wonderful Sunday.
Anyway, I hope everything is going well with you. I love you and miss you.
Love Sister Davis
11.18.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment