Hi Mom,
This week was awesome. We marked baptism with a family that we are teaching. Four people accepted. After, we talked to a neighbor and she said she thinks the road they live on is in the neighboring ward. The bishop told us to continue teaching them anyway. They are a really cute family. Also, we are reactivating a family and teaching their non member kids. Their sons are in their 20’s and we are teaching them and their wives. Last night we watched the Testaments with them and they all we amazed at how strong the spirit was. They felt the spirit and the love of the Lord stronger than they have ever felt it before. They are preparing to be baptized as well.
Our church reminds me a little of the church we went to in Italy. It is an apartment building (an office building) with a small chapel that hardly has enough room to fit everyone. The ward is growing and they are going to start building a church building soon. It will be beautiful. I miss my old ward but I am liking Maringá. We live in a beautiful apartment with 4 girls.
On Friday we celebrated Halloween. My comp and I bought a pumpkin and taught the Brazilian girls how to carve it. Also, we made apple cider and took a bunch of pics. We brought candy to a recent convert’s house and taught their kids how to say “trick or treat”. We ate a bunch of cookies and candy and had a blast.
Things are going great and I am learning so much. This area is a little more challenging than the others but I am growing and becoming stronger. We are being so blessed by the Lord and are working hard.
I am so glad that everything worked out with my school schedule. Thanks again for preparing everything for me. I will also be needing a dentist appointment…he he. It has been awhile. Could you schedule a dentist appointment for me?
I love you and I hope you had a wonderful week and a wonderful Halloween. Thanks for the picture. P.S. don’t ever let Alex dress up like a girl again.
Tchau, até mais
Love Sister Davis
11.03.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment